Ying Liu, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Mitochondrial and Aging Research
Room 228, Integrated Science Research Center,
Peking University, Beijing, China 100871
Dr. Ying Liu received her B.S. in Biochemistry from Nanjing University in 2006 and her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2011. She then obtained her postdoctoral training in Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School as a Helen Hay Whitney Research Fellow from 2011 to 2013. In December 2013, she joined IMM as a full-time investigator.
1. Gao K, Li Y, Hu SM and Liu Y*. SUMO peptidase ULP-4 regulates mitochondrial UPR-mediated innate immunity and lifespan extension. eLife (2019)e41792
2. Ma C, Niu R, Huang T, Shao LW, Peng Y, Ding W, Wang Y, Jia G, He C, Li CY, He A and Liu Y*. N6-methyldeoxyadenine is a transgenerational epigenetic signal for mitochondrial stress adaptation. Nature Cell Biology (2018) doi: 10.1038/s41556-018-0238-5.
3. Chen J, Ou Y, Yang Y, Li W, Xu Y, Xie Y and Liu Y*. KLHL22 activates amino-acid-dependent mTORC1 signaling to promote tumorigenesis and ageing. Nature 557(2018) 585-589.
4. Chen J#, Ou Y#, Li Y, Hu S, Shao LW and Liu Y*. Metformin Extends C. elegans Lifespan through Lysosomal Pathway. eLife 6 (2017)e31268.
5. Shao LW, Niu R and Liu Y*. Neuropeptide signals cell non-autonomous mitochondrial unfolded protein response. Cell Res. 11 (2016) 1182-1196. (cover story)
6. Berendzen K, Durieux J, Shao L, Tian Y, Kim H, Wolff S, Liu Y and Dillin A. Neuroendocrine coordination of mitochondrial stress signaling and proteostasis. Cell 166 (2016) 1553-1563.
7. Liu Y, Samuel B, Breen P, and Ruvkun G. Caenorhabditis elegans pathways that surveil and defend mitochondria. Nature 508 (2014) 406-410.
8. Liu Y, Tan H, Tian H, Liang C, Chen S and Liu Q. Autoantigen La promotes efficient RNAi, antiviral response and transposon silencing by facilitating multiple-turnover RISC catalysis. Mol. Cell 44 (2011) 502-508.
9. Ye X*, Huang N*, Liu Y, Paroo Z, Huerta C, Li P, Chen S, Liu Q and Zhang H. Structure of C3PO and mechanism of Human RISC activation. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 18 (2011) 650-657.
10. Liu Y, Ye X, Jiang F, Liang C, Chen D, Peng J, Kinch L, Grishin N, Liu Q. C3PO, an endoribonuclease that promotes RNAi by facilitating RISC activation. Science 5941 (2009) 750-753.